Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Beauty Diary Mixed Berries Mask Review


A very good mask that does what it claims to for a good price!

Where to buy:
prettyandcute.com 1 Mask- $2.00 / 2 Masks - $3.90 / 10 Masks - $15.75
sasa.com 1 mask- $1.40 / 10 Masks - $13.60
bonjourhk.com 10 Masks - $13.10

Description: My Beauty Diary Mixed Berry Mask contains blueberries, huckleberries, strawberries, and more berries that provide tons of mineral and vitamins to the skin. These minerals and vitamins will provide adequate nourishment the skin making it supple and soft. Purple leaves and green tea leaves extracts softens keratin to provide a natural shine to your skin. Recommended for all skin types, especially for those with dry skin. (from prettyandcute.com)

Claims to:
~ Brighten
~ Firm
~ Nourish
~ Soften
~ Tighten

Ingredients: Purified Water, glycerine, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Tween 20, Triethanolamine, Copolymer, Methyl Paraben, hydrolyzed albumin, Citric Acid, hyaluronic acid, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus(Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Green Tea Extract, saccharum officinarum(sugar cane)extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Anrantium Dulcius(Orange)Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon)Peel Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Cowberry) Fruit Extract, Lithospermum Officinale Extract, Squalane, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethylsilanol Hyalunorate, Dimethicone, Polyglutamic Acid, Carbormer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Packaging: I'm not even sure why I consistently doing packaging reviews for MBD masks, since they're all very similar. But! I like that this one isn't super patterned/hard to read. It has a pretty pink background with a dark pink, legible font. Some of their packaging decisions puzzle me, like with the Arbutin Whitening Mask I'll be reviewing in a couple of weeks. It has a light pink background with light reflective silver text, making it hard to read and photograph. Anyway, no real comments on the packaging.



Scent: It smells like... mixed berries. It's actually quite a yummy smell, maybe a bit sweet for some, but I don't mind it at all! It is, as with many MBD masks, quite scented. So if you're sensitive to smells you should be aware!

Fit: As usual, they don't fit me well. They are too wide and too long to fit my face, the area between the mouth and nose is about double the size it needs to be, and the nose area is designed for a much shallower nose bridge than mine. However, due to the mask being quite thin, you can make small tears to adjust it easily. This at least helps the poor fit! See here for more info.

Results: Pretty darn good! It's definitely moisturizing and softening, I noticed those results immediately! There is a slight brightening effect, nothing crazy or comparable to the Apple Polyphenol Mask, but still there. I did notice that my redness was reduced/skin tone generally evened out. This effect has lasted almost 24 hours for me, so that's cool! I didn't notice any tightening effects, but as I've said I don't think I'm really a good candidate for testing that out! :D Sooo, the mask does everything it claims to! I'm happy with it!

There was no cooling sensation like with other masks, but it still felt nice on. The serum was one of the 'thicker' ones that I'm more used to, so there were no drips despite the mask being completely soaked. I like these masks and would buy them again :) They're really great for moisturizing, evening out skin tone, and a bit of glow!

Conclusion: Final Score: 4.4/5

Pros:
  • very moisturizing
  • smell nice
  • evens out skintone
  • slight brightening effect
  • nice, non-drippy serum
Cons:
  • none that I can think of
The only reason I've really taken off points is because while it's a great mask, it's not really amazing, you know? If it had a more noticeable 'brightening' effect, it would be an amazing mask. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have a love-hate relationship with MBD masks too. They work really well for me, but they don't seem to fit my face properly.

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    Please take a look at it on my blog. (: http://chermaineho.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I would love to smell this berry scent because I'm totally into those stuff, haha.
    Unfortunately, you can't get it in shops, can you? As I'm not ordering online.

    ♥ Maho
    http://bitt3r-suess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not unless you're in Taiwan I think, unfortunately :(

      Delete
    2. Hey you can actually order MBD from walmart.com, no joke!! I have no idea if they are the same exact formula as the ones sold in Taiwan but I have 0 reason to think they'd be different.

      ^_^

      Delete
  3. My mom just bought me a box of assorted ones from this brand and i can't read Chinese/Mandarin so I'm so happy i found a review blog for them lol I had no idea what I just put on my face so far i've been choosing them at random XD im currently sitting reading this with the Mixed Berry one on my face and I'm happy i chose it now lolol p.s. I live in Vancouver BC and my mom bought it from an asian mall here so im sure everyone should be able to buy them somewhere nearby if there is a Koreatown/ Chinatown etc :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...