Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar Review (cherry + peach)


Hi everyone!! I'm finally going to review two versions of a very popular product- Tony Moly's Petite Bunny Gloss Bar! I have both the Juicy Peach and Juicy Cherry version, so I decided to do a two-in-one review. :)

Because of that, I'll get a few of the basics for both out of the way after the jump ~



Description:
I couldn't find a decent description on any websites, so here's my own. It's a small little bar that's somewhere between lipstick and lip gloss. It's not as pigmented as most lipsticks, but the formula is still reminiscent of one. It definitely provides a good amount of gloss, so I can understand why it's called a 'gloss bar'.

Claims to (be/have):
  • Soften the dead skin
  • Highly Moisturising
  • Provide a shiny color for your lips
  • Smooth and Soft
  • Rich in protein
  • Strong Coloring
    (from Sasa.com)
Where to buy:
Kocomall.com - $4.64
Sasa.com (apple only) - $8.10
Prettyandcute.com - $12.99
Yesstyle.com - Peach - $15 / Cherry - $15
Testerkorea.com - $4.50

And now on to the individual reviews!




Please ignore my terrible nails.

As you can see, it definitely not a traditional lip gloss.

Scent: Soo lovely and yummy! A very fresh peach scent that instantly makes me happier. It doesn't last super long once you've applied it, but the gloss bar definitely has a fairly strong (and nice) scent. 

Swatch: On my hand it's quite peachy. On my lips, it's quite sheer ): I do have fairly peachy/pink lips to start with, but I was still hoping for a bit more color. Regardless, it does show up a bit better after 3 or 4 swipes, so if your lips aren't pink to start with, it should show up pretty well and look really cute :)

On the Right: One Swipe / On the Left: A few more




Results: It is definitely a super cute little product. unfortunately, I don't think I would repurchase it simply because it's so sheer on my lips. It smells super yummy and looks really cute, but unless I get it for a cheap price, the peach version just isn't worth it for me. I was happy to note that it doesn't dry my lips out... but it doesn't do any moisturizing, though it does smooth them out a bit... but it's no lip balm. I was okay with that though.

Unfortunately, if I did have any dry patches, the gloss bar would highlight that. That was relatively easily fixed however, so it's not a huge deal. Just exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush or something before you apply it.

Conclusion: Final Score 3.5/5

Pros:
  • Adorable packaging
  • Smells amazing
  • Non-drying
  • Pretty peachy color
  • Good amount of shine

Cons:
  • Too sheer for my lips to make a big difference
  • Non-moisturizing
  • Highlights dry spots


 



Scent: Not nearly as strong as the peach version. It has a very faint very sweet candy-cherry scent, but nothing comparable to the peach (in my opinion). I still really like it :)

Swatch: Much more pigmented than the peach! My only complaint is that I was hoping for a more true-red, rather than the pinkish-red that it ends up being. I'm not hugely bothered by it though, as if you want strong red lips you probably aren't going to use a little bunny lip-gloss bar...


On the Right: One Swipe On the left: A few more




Results: This is my favorite of the two. It shows up so much more than the peach version, while still looking very pretty and natural. There are the same issues in this one as in the peach, namely that it highlights any dry spots you have, but that's okay. Again, it doesn't dry your lips out (but it doesn't really moisturize them either). It does smooth them out a little bit, so there is that. 

I would happily rebuy this again, especially considering that I got it for like $4 haha. It's super cute and smells yummy and works well and looks cute. What's not to like? :)

Conclusion: Final Score 4.5/5

Pros:
  • Adorable packaging
  • Smells amazing (though not as strong as the peach)
  • Non-drying
  • Pretty cherry color
  • More pigmented than the peach
  • 'smooths' lips out a bit?
  • Good amount of shine

Cons:
  • Non-moisturizing
  • Highlights dry spots

8 comments:

  1. You can buy it for cheaper from certains shops on ebay that I know they sell genuine products ^^; These websites you mentioned about are so expensive XD

    Nice review! I had the cherry one too but as long as I remember ( I also wrote a review) it was moisturizing for me. My mother took it off me DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, the $12-15 for one is a bit steep. I'll look on some ebay stores to see if I can find more! I just chose those because I know that they sell legit products :D I'll check out your review on the cherry one! :D

      Delete
  2. Good rundown, it's a little hard to tell what it looks like on your lips because of the lighting, but I'm glad you reviewed these, they are just so darned cute, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I like the cherry color one and the packaging is soo cute!! ^^ Have a great weekend~

    Dawn @ Pursiko.com > Check out my La Mer Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks very cutee♥ thanks for review and I also have my own as well (;
    I followed you, if you have time, could you please check out my blog? Hihi, thanks^^
    Nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! the review is great! the containers are sooo cute!
      Follow me maybe? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
      -Jenna <3

      Delete
  5. 0.0 i want them just for the packaging.

    marycontrarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...