Monday, March 25, 2013

My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask Review


Meh. I had heard pretty good things about this mask, but it didn't live up to my expectations- read on to find out more!





Where to get it:
prettyandcute.com 1 Mask- $2.00 / 2 Masks - $3.90 / 10 Masks - $15.75
sasa.com 1 mask- $1.40 / 10 Masks - $13.60
walmart.com 10 Masks - $13.45
bonjourhk.com 10 Masks - $13.00

Description:The variety of amino acids and trace elements present in natural pearl powder can penetrate deep into the skin for supple, radiant look. Essence from the Mulberry extract helps in the hydration of the skin. The vitamin B and Algae-Yeast complex activates and nourishes the skin. Licorice and Lemon extracts help the skin to regain its balance while obtaining the nourishment at the same time. (from mybeautydiary.com)

Claims to:
~ Soften/Nourish
~ Whiten
~ 'Activate' (??)
~ Balance

Ingredients:Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Soluble Collagen, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glycine, Triethanolamine, Hydrolized Yeast Protein, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Alanine Glutamate, Methylparaben, Azelaic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethylsilanol Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Frgrance, Pearl Powder, Citric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide

Packaging: Same really nice MBD packaging, except cute as well! I thought the pattern was just as cute as the Bulgarian White Rose pattern, just very feminine without being overly girly. 

Cute little bell things!

Scent: Okay. I really was not a fan of the scent for this mask, it was like a plain soap-y smell. Which is okay for soap, but I don't want to smell soap for 30 minutes while wearing a mask. It's just really off-putting. This was quite disappointing, especially because the last two masks have smelled so nice. 

Fit: Same old, same old. MBD masks aren't cut for my features. It was okay though, as usual! Because of how thin they are, you can tear them in a few places to help customize the fit. And I'm not terribly bothered if a small patch of skin isn't covered by the mask at all times. 

Lots of serum, as usual.



Results: Another disappointment... I just didn't get the same brightening/whitening effect that I have with the Apple Polyphenol or the Bulgarian White Rose masks. Immediately after the mask my face was actually a bit redder, though this calmed down after a few minutes. There just wasn't a huge difference, unfortunately. 

Another thing that I disliked about this mask was the serum. It was sticky! I've never had that issue with the other serums, but whenever I put the left over serum on my hands and neck, it was sticky and gross feeling, and it took a lot longer than usual for it to absorb. Also, it wasn't very moisturizing. 

If it had worked well and had the weird serum, that would have been okay. But since I don't feel like there was much improvement AND it smelled like soap AND it was sticky AND it took a long time to absorb, this mask was just very much a disappointment. ): It's not the end of the world though, as I only bought one. Oh well.

Conclusion: Final Score 2.5/5
Pros:
  • nice cooling sensation
  • cute packaging
Cons:
  • smells like soap
  • not as effective as I'd like
  • not very moisturizing 
  • sticky serum 
  • takes awhile to absorb

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Too bad it isn't as nice as what others are saying.

    Btw, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! =D
    http://pastelrave.blogspot.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Pastel Kisses,
    Sie Cajilig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Thanks for the review. I've seen this product before but never tried it. Cute packaging but good thing i didn't try it ^^

    Have a great day~

    Dawn @ Pursiko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sorry this product didn't work too well for you. It worked really well for me and my small acne scars definitely faded after I used this. The whitening lasted for, like, 4 days as well~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...